domenica 15 giugno 2008

WSK 1° Round - Muro Leccese (IT)

The WSK Series start was positive for the guys of the Kosmic Team. Alessandro Bressan reached the fourth position in KF1, but the race has been compromised by the incorrectness of a competitor, otherwise…
The well deserved fourth position gained by Bressan in the KF1 category doesn’t seem to be enough, the whole team has always worked hard and non stop to get both drivers to the top. Only some events denied Kosmic a podium which was undoubtedly within their reach.

Bollingtoft was stopped by a faulty gas cable, which delayed him when he has been involved in a brawl with Laine (Tony Kart-Vortex) and Convers (Pcr-Tm) for the seventh position.
Even more significant was the race of Alessandro Bressan, who, after standing out and leading the group in two rounds, was thrown out by De Brabander.
Alessandro, in the final, showed all his great driving skills and the high quality of his kart, he recovered and in the final part of the race he was on the verge of victory.
In our opinion, this result is within our reach, considering what we showed off so far in all the races.
In KF2 and KF3, this was the track the drivers feared the most and all of them did important tests in view of next events. KF2 drivers won’t take part in the 2nd Round of WSK in Angerville, but will come down to the track in Lonato for the following race, Kosmic drivers know this track definitively better.

Olivier Marechall Team Manager Kosmic Kart Racing Departement
“I am satisfied, even if I expected to reach the podium. I think that the hard work we carried out is repaying us, I am confident we can soon celebrate a great result.”

Alessandro Bressan - driver Kosmic Kart Racing Departement KF1 category
“The race was undoubtedly positive, we had only a little problem with the set-up in the first phase of free practices. Once we solved this inconvenient, the kart behave perfectly.
I did good rounds centring a second and fifth place and I expected to do excellent races.
As the prefinal started, I unfortunately had a contact delaying me, I waited some laps to clean my tyres and I gathered my pace again, starting to make great recoveries. When I reached De Brabander, I had some problems, as everyone had with him…
In the final, although I didn’t start in front, due to someone else’s incorrectness, I managed to recover in a good way, I overtook and I was about to gain the podium. In spite of my recovery at the end of the race, my tyres were in optimal condition.
All the team carried out a fantastic work and the result doesn’t perfectly reward us, we are sure we could have done even more…”


William Benedetti - driver Kosmic Kart Racing Departement KF2 category

“I am not really used to do this kind of races and I am learning a lot on these occasions. I didn’t know well this track and this was a good test for me. The material is perfect and the team is fantastic, so I am confident I will get great results in next races.”

Nessun commento: